Monday, 29 November 2010

Redressing the balance

I've posted two songs today that are literally and metaphorically linked to shit. I feel I need to redress the balance somewhat, so here are two tracks that have done very well in Belgium and remain in the top 10 of the Wallonia chart.

First up, French DJ Martin Solveig featuring excellent Canadian synthpop band Dragonette. Dragonette have been around for a while now and are frequently championed by the likes of Popjustice. Unfortunately that hype has never really translated into sales, with both their albums failing to hit the top 40 in their home country or the UK. Good to see then that this track, Happy, has been a hit in France and Belgium, and currently sits at number 5 on the Wallonia chart.



For more Dragonette, by the way, you could do a lot worse (today's earlier posts, for example) than listen to this on repeat all afternoon: Take it Like a Man

Next up is Californian Egbert Nathaniel Dawkins III - more frequently known as the slightly more catchy Aloe Blacc - whose blend of soul, blues, jazz and hip-hop is just about the classiest thing on any chart anywhere in the world right now. I Need a Dollar is currently at number 9 on the Wallonia chart, and hit number 1 on the Flanders chart a while back:



If you like, get more info here, and be sure to check out his recently released second album, Good Things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers