Apologies for the lack of updates over the last couple of weeks. This is partly because January is a dreadful time for pop singles, but mostly because I've been insanely busy with my day job. In an attempt to make it up to you, I thought I'd bring you a megapost (might be overselling it) of watchable and/or listenable new hits.
First up, Danish popstrel Fallulah, whose Marina & the Diamonds-esque single 'Out of it' is currently sitting atop the Danish charts. It will be interesting to see if she manages (or even attempts) to cross over to English speaking markets - I don't expect this is the song to do it (although it is quite listenable), but potential is certainly there.
Next up is the BRILLIANT 'Hey (Nah Neh Nah) by Milk and Honey vs Vaya Con Dios. Seriously, just watch the video. OK, the song is naff, but I defy you to not dance along with the singer lady. Amazing. It is currently somewhat of a hit all over Europe, having gone Top 10 in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands.
Now, this is weird. The Rubettes were a 70s English pop group who hit number 12 in the UK charts with 'Tonight' in 1974. Well, Tonight is bizarrely now number 5 in the Norwegian chart, and I cannot find out why - do let me know if you know!
Finally, for those of you worrying that Rene la Taupe would be chewed up and spat out by the pop machine, fear not. He is back in the French top ten, and this time you can sing along. Altogether now:
No comments:
Post a Comment